A year or two ago I learned that making bread is really easy. Contrary to popular belief — if my friends are any indication of “popular belief” — you don’t have to do any messy kneading or rolling. Making your own bread isn’t just for hipsters anymore. In fact, you don’t need to look far for rationale…
For hippies, when you make your own bread you can control what goes into it. For cheapskates, making your own bread is way cheaper than buying it. For fancy people, home made bread tastes better than store bought loaf (ok, not the really fancy stuff).
It’s easy! Try it!
The ingredients are simple and wholesome!
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
- 1 cup (to the brim) of warm water
- 1 cup (to the brim) of white flour
- 1 cup (to the brim) of brown flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (or so) to grease the baking tin
Activate the Yeast
Put the yeast and sugar into a mixing bowl along with the warm water. The yeast will activate and dissolve…